Dear Northwest Chamber Friends – This week, the U.S. Chamber opened the application process for the 2022 Dream Big Awards. This is our annual award to recognize exceptional small businesses. Please help us get the word out by sharing the application with your members and encouraging them to apply. See Dream Big Small Business of the Year below for more information. Also, if you have not already done so, please consider sharing our America Works Initiative Survey with your members so that we can get a better understanding and measurement of the workforce challenges faced by employers across the nation. See Action Item below for more information, including a sample e-mail you can use in reaching out to your members.
Dream Big Small Business of the Year:
- Dream Big Awards – On Monday, the U.S. Chamber’s Dream Big Awards program officially opened for 2022 application submissions. The annual awards celebrate the success of small businesses and highlight their contributions to America’s economic growth. This year we will be collecting applications from small business owners through July 8, 2022. We will be recognizing businesses in 8 different award categories: Community Support & Leadership, Emerging Business, Green/Sustainable Business, LGBTQ-Owned Business, Minority-Owned Business, Veteran-Owned Business, Woman-Owned Business, and Young Entrepreneur. All completed applicants will be considered for the Small Business of the Year Award, a $25,000 cash prize! We would like to ask for your help in promoting the awards to your network in your newsletters or other communication. Therefore, we have created an internet toolkit you can use to share information about the award competition. Access the internal toolkit here. More information on the awards and the link to submit an application can be accessed by clicking here.
- America Works Initiative Survey – As a part of the America Works Initiative, we are launching a program specifically focused on helping our Chamber Federation members tackle the workforce shortage issue in your states and communities. Therefore, to better quantify and understand the workforce challenges facing employers locally and across the nation, we would like to partner with you to conduct a quick survey about labor force conditions. You will find a link to the survey here and we have included a sample email you can send to your members here. The survey should take less than 3 minutes to complete. Please send to your members and have them complete by Monday, March 28th.
- Friday, April 22nd – U.S. Chamber Federation Update Call – Please join us on Friday, April 22nd at 12:00 pm ET / 10:00 am MT / 9:00 am PT / 8:00 am Alaska for our next call with the latest from Capitol Hill. Click here to register.
Blog Posts to USChamber.com:
- Ambassador (ret.) Atul Keshap’s remarks to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on ‘Developing an Indo-Pacific Economic Framework’ – Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Why Safeguarding Merger Reviews from Regulatory Overreach Benefits Economy, Consumers – Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- The American Energy and Climate Imperative – Monday, March 21, 2022
- 5 Facts to Understand Mergers: The Benefits, Review Process, and Proposed Changes – Sunday, March 20, 2022
- The Future of AI: Experts Weigh in on Global Competition and Fairness – Friday, March 18, 2022
- DC Policy Debate On Competition And Antitrust Needs A Reset – Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- On the Road to Global Vaccinations, the Last Mile Remains the Hardest – Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Recent Press Releases:
- U.S. Chamber Statement on U.S.-U.K. Deal on Sec. 232 Tariffs – Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- U.S. Chamber Voices Concern with Prescriptive Approach of SEC Climate Disclosures Proposal, Will Work with SEC to Develop Clear and Workable Rules – Monday, March 21, 2022
- US-UK Business Council Welcomes New U.S.-UK Dialogues on the Future of Atlantic Trade – Monday, March 21, 2022
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Statement on the Passing of Congressman Don Young – Saturday, March 19, 2022
- U.S. Chamber Expands Leadership Team with New Hires, Announces Strategic Roles & New Capitol Hill Office to Better Serve Growing Membership – Wednesday, March 16, 2022